What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The SAP Project Manager is responsible for supporting our customer’s transformation strategy through the management of cloud, on-premise or hybrid implementation initiatives. Most projects will utilize agile and rapid prototyping methodologies. She/he has the qualifications and business acumen to manage medium- to large-scale, medium to high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They develop into providing leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Furthermore, the new colleague is responsible for the success of assigned projects by ensuring adherence to SAP’s Activate project management methodology and best business practices, provides mentoring to the project team members, status communication and updates both to the customer and SAP management, performs project management reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
Purpose and Objectives
As a crucial part of SAP’s total solution delivery strategy, SAP Services focuses on the overall success of customers’ SAP solutions
Expectations and tasks:
- Build credibility / trust with customers during the deal phase.
- Assist the SAP license sales and service sales teams in closing of software or services deals by providing oversight on implementation planning & estimating and coordinating multiple SAP Lines of Businesses and partners as required.
- Bid Management – participate in bids by managing key deliverables from the services side, such as Statement of Work, delivery model, project estimates and supports the staffing with local, regional and global resources.
- Build credibility / trust with customers in solution implementation and solution support phase, continually reinforce the value of SAP solutions and services by establishing proactive relationships that provide the foundation for future projects.
- Set-up and lead all phases of the project lifecycle, including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, training, and closure.
- Work with Customer Stakeholders, Partners and SAP Management to effectively manage and lead projects to ensure successful completion and significant impact on customer business KPI.
- During implementations, manage overall services relationship, steering committee and project office, between customer, partner and SAP to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with the highest levels of customer satisfaction through billable consulting.
- Monitor progress of the project against timeline and budget and initiate corrective activities
- Manage expectations on the development of solid project plans, with milestones and clear deliverables (in IT and business terms), and furthermore, proper project governance is in place to enable quick execution on the plans, handling risks, issues and objections.
- Select, direct and develop your team members in accordance with the project goals.
- Willingness to travel, within Switzerland, but also international
- Create long term value roadmaps and plans with customer to achieve customer business objectives.
- Analyze and execute on strategic projects, build consensus among project stakeholders, ensure alignment of project tactics with corporate strategy and communicate project goals at a strategic level as well as actively identifying and developing more business opportunities.
- Contribute your ideas, share knowledge and be a role model for others as a member of our local and global Project Manager-community
- Support Delivery Management by
- providing support/coaching/mentoring to fellow project managers or Practice Unit Managers
- performing project reviews (internally/externally)
- Represent SAP in public events, e.g. SAP Project Manager Network
Education and qualifications
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance, commerce, engineering, information technologies, MBA or equivalent training
- Good knowledge of SAP methodologies (including SAP Activate and SAP Solution Manager)
- Strong understanding of SAP technology and solutions
- Ability to acquire the market and process knowledge of customers
- Proactive attitude in managing stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer success
- Demonstrated ability to command the attention and respect of senior level leaders and confidently make presentations to large and executive audiences
- The candidate must possess experience managing a number of internal and external stakeholders, so interpersonal skills and abilities will be vital to succeed in this role
- Team oriented: ability to build strong relationships at every level of the organization and being a strong motivator who knows how to influence and to get others to deliver consistently their best work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills – fluent German and Business English, another language, especially French, is beneficial
- Developing into negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills – ability to articulate and present to C-Level
- PMP certification and / or other industry and project management certifications are desirable
- 5-8 years or more proven SAP project management experience at a consulting / system integration company.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, structure and manage medium- to large scale, medium to high complex projects with modern delivery mixes on time, on budget and within quality criteria that maximized business benefits for customers
- Proven experience with supporting customers and partners in the development and execution of long-term value realization plans that includes the effective transformation of their organizational- and IT-landscapes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, aligning and working with various levels within a customer organization (project, business, executive) as well as different parts of large global organizations
- Fluent German and English are mandatory
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.sap.com.