SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the Customer Advisory Manager Consumer Products & Retail with a reliable industry- and value-based selling track records, you will manage and guide a team of 6 dedicated, successful Business Architects and Industry Advisors located in German and French speaking part of Switzerland. By providing continuous holistic leadership with a demand-based mentoring approach, you will motivate and develop everyone’s solution and sales skills to optimize team performance. Furthermore, as a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately. Customer orientation is in your DNA and your aim is to make our customers more successful than today. You will inspire them and help to set the foundation for their individual SAP journey. As a sparring partner you will provide them leadership, act as trusted advisor and make their world rund better.
Expectations and Tasks
Team Development Tasks:
- Provide formal oral and written feedback to your team members during semi-annual performance management reviews.
- Propel all your team members toward their revenue targets. Involve each team member in at least one deal per quarter and aim for target quota attainment by most of your team members.
- Ensure proper account assignments between customer accounts and team members and establish a culture of trust and performance
- Help develop the larger Customer Advisory organization through leadership of a Solution Hub, which provides enablement and a voice of the field to solution management
- Identify areas of development for each team member and work with each to define and execute a tailored learning plan. Foster an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement.
- Monitor the development activities for your team members toward their industry and solution learning goals.
- Provide feedback and coaching to your team members after dry-runs, demos, and presentations to help them hone their skills.
Solution Readiness Tasks:
- Participate in the Solution Hub by ensuring enablement needs for MU Switzerland are achieved based on the skill-gaps on your team.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of SAP’s respective industry solutions.
- Deep knowledge and proven track record of Consumer Products & Retail industries.
- Understand the key competitors and ensure their team members understand and leverage SAP’s unique value wedges in every customer interaction.
- Build key relationships and maintain a network of people within Consumer Products & Retail industry Org Units.
- Understand fully the demo assets and enablement assets that should be leveraged in the market unit/region and making sure any gaps in needs are addressed.
- Engage in supporting marketing events in assigned specialization where appropriate
- Be an innovator who can create new solutions using out- of- the- box thinking
- Manage multiple customer engagements concurrently
- Be self- motivated, flexible, and take initiative
- The ability to thrive in a structured, goal-oriented, and independent manner while being a team player.
- High energy level, self-motivated, smart, and willing to learn.
- 8+ years of relevant Customer Advisory experience with 1-2 years of people management experience.
- Proven track record in business application software sales for cloud/SaaS solutions.
- Proficiency and Experience in Consumer Products & Retail industries.
- Experience in:
- People Management
- Performance Management
- Sales and sales processes
- Delivery of high volume short-duration work packages
- Building and motivating teams.
Education and Qualification / Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as active listening.
- Exceptional German and English communication skills, both in writing and speaking are essential. French is an asset.
Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure?
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’s Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.