SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP’s Next-Generation ERP Software is SAP S/4HANA and it is built to take advantage of SAP’s industry-leading in-memory computing platform, SAP HANA. One of the key deployment options for our customers is the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) offering. SAP HEC is a comprehensive cloud infrastructure offering and therefore acting as an essential part of the overall Cloud Strategy of SAP. SAP HEC allows customers to run their SAP S/4 HANA and HANA applications, including SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA, in a managed private cloud environment either in SAP’s own datacenters or so-called IaaS Hyperscalers. SAP has established judicious partnerships with the major public cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), to offer customers choice for the SAP HEC deployment. Being part of SAP’s presales organization, we are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused team members to strengthen the Cloud Architecture & Advisory team (CAA). The Cloud Architect acts as a primary point of contact for all technical topics from customer perspective and is working closely with all the other internal teams.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This is a customer facing role where you will support the sales teams during the entire cycle of a Cloud deal. Following are the key tasks that this role will perform:
1. Present in detail the S/4 HANA Cloud Standard Edition and the SAP HEC service offering (usually to CIO’s, IT managers, data center managers and SAP Technology staff).
2. Present the technical requirements and value proposition for SAP HEC on Hyperscalers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
3. Conduct detailed technical workshops with customers to define the future Cloud architecture and plan the migration roadmap together with Professional Services.
4. Guide customers around Business Continuity, Security & Compliance, Networks etc..
5. Work with BID teams to generate pricing and provide ongoing deal support to sales teams.
6. Own the technical discussions with the customer on the HEC topic and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from HEC organization as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Business Administration required from an accredited university.
- Very high proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required
- Good understanding of SAP technologies (releases, platform interdependencies etc.)
- Good understanding of the entire platform stacks (storage, virtualization, hardware, networks etc.)
- Solid understanding of technical capabilities of at least one Hyperscaler (AWS; MS Azure or GCP)
- Ability and willingness to be part of a team of Cloud Architects
- Willingness to undertake customer related travel on short notice
- Fluency in German and English is a MUST, any other language an asset
- 5+ years of hands-on customer facing SAP Technology Consulting experience (e.g. Basis Admin, DB Admin, Migrations, Upgrades, Business Continuity etc.).
- Experience with IaaS Providers (AWS, MS Azure or GCP) and data centers is a big advantage.
- SAP HANA and S/4 HANA skills would be very helpful but not mandatory.
Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure?
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and thoughtful that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.