In order to achieve its ambitious growth targets (that also include building the first regulated, end-to-end digital exchange in the world), SIX has recently completely overhauled the strategy of its global financial information business. Our business unit Financial Information (BFI) operates in an attractive but highly competitive market. Accordingly, BFI is set on an even steeper growth path than the rest of the group. As of today, BFI contributes almost 30% of SIX revenues.
As Senior Embedded Strategy Manager, you are responsible to lead and coordinate the development of the new business strategy for BFI, supporting the overall SIX strategy process. As part of the dynamic and diverse SIX Strategy team with wide-ranging expertise and in close cooperation with the business, the Finance and the M&A team, you will drive the development of strategy analyses as well as both organic and inorganic strategic measures. Thereby, you will also be working closely and independently with senior stakeholders and experts from BFI to create, validate, challenge and test appropriate strategy to support growth.
What You Will Do
- shaping the strategy of our business unit Financial Information (BFI) in alignment with the SIX Group strategy
- developing medium-term strategic plans (including assessment and development of strategic directions / measures and mapping of the strategy)
- monitoring the development and implementation of the organic BFI strategy
- developing and implementing BFI strategy’s inorganic elements together with the SIX M&A team
- conducting research and data analysis (markets, competitors, industry trends) for internal stakeholders
- critically reviewing and continuously improving existing processes and tools and performing ad-hoc tasks related to strategic issues
What You Bring
- at least 5 years of experience in a strategy-related role with proven ability in managing strategy creation, including strategic analyses and strategic initiatives
- experience in the financial sector (direct experience in financial information is an advantage)
- university degree, ideally with a specialization in business, finance, economics or engineering
- excellent analytical/conceptual skills, strong thought leadership and story-lining skills, as well as a structured and results-oriented mindset
- ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, working across the matrix and forming / leading cross functional teams
- excellent command of written and spoken English, knowledge of German is an advantage
If you have any questions, please call Sebastian Unger +41 58 399 20 89.
For this vacancy we only accept direct applications.
Diversity is important to us. Therefore, we are looking forward to receiving applications regardless of any personal background.