SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Now more than ever before businesses around the world need to accelerate the transformation of core processes in a flexible way. To support this, our business unit SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will focus on building new cloud products for customers in the Consumer Product, Retail, Wholesale and Life Science industries.
Taking a start-up approach, SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will bring together product strategy and management with all the necessary cloud business functions such as architecture, engineering and operations. Development in this unit will focus on cloud-native applications.
With a view of Lake Constance, the SAP office at Tägerwilen is home to a team of domain and engineering experts. Our focus is on forecasting, planning and replenishment uses cases in Retail and Consumer industries. In addition to the regular setup of Scrum teams, the engineering team includes data science experts to develop and make use of state-of-the-art scientific concepts. Embedded in the international setup of our business unit, we are collaborating with teams located in Germany, Canada, the United States, and China.
Join our team of highly motivated colleagues. We treat each other as equals, have an outstanding team spirit and a great working atmosphere. You will work on the topic of forecasting in Retail and Consumer Industry. In your role as senior software engineer, you will contribute to the development of new products and features, based on customers’ requirements and aiming for a wide range of use cases. You will work on all phases of the software development lifecycle and use the Scrum methodology and best practices of agile software development.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will be working in a cross-functional Scrum team. You will directly contribute to the implementation and release of new products and product updates. More specifically, your tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyze and understand business requirements and processes.
- Design and specify software components in accordance with a high-level architecture.
- Plan, implement, and test software units, their integration, and the overall solution, using suitable tools and automation frameworks.
- Additionally, you could take the role of the Scrum Master to facilitate the agile process and help the team to continuously improve it.
Our product stack mainly relies on:
- SAP HANA
- Jenkins for continuous integration
- Gerrit and Git as source control systems
- Python for test automation
- JIRA and Confluence for team collaboration
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of object-oriented SW design and programming, e.g. Java, C++
- Experience with data structures, algorithms and principles of object-oriented design
- Experience with database integration with SQL and object relational mapping tools
- Experience with Scrum, test-driven development, continuous integration and other best practices of agile software development
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Skills that would be a plus
- Experience with Jenkins, Gerrit, Git
- Experience with software development on SAP HANA
- Knowledge of statistical methods
- Understanding of Retail business
- German (mainly spoken)
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.sap.com.