SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The SAP Project Manager is responsible for supporting our customer’s transformation strategy through the management of cloud, on-premise or hybrid implementation initiatives. Most projects will utilize agile and rapid prototyping methodologies. She/he has the qualifications and business acumen to manage low- to medium-scale, medium risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They develop into providing leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Furthermore, the new colleague is responsible for the success of assigned projects by ensuring adherence to SAP’s Activate project management methodology and best business practices, provides mentoring to the project team members, status communication and updates both to the customer and SAP management, performs project management reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
Purpose and Objectives
As a crucial part of SAP’s total solution delivery strategy, SAP Services focuses on the overall success of customers’ SAP solutions
Expectations and Tasks
- Build credibility / trust with customers during the deal phase.
- Assist the SAP license sales and service sales teams in closing of software or services deals by providing oversight on implementation planning & estimating and coordinating multiple SAP Lines of Businesses and partners as required.
- Bid Management – participate in bids by managing key deliverables from the services side, such as Statement of Work, delivery model, project estimates and supports the staffing with local, regional and global resources.
- Build credibility / trust with customers in solution implementation and solution support phase, continually reinforce the value of SAP solutions and services by establishing proactive relationships that provide the foundation for future projects.
- Set-up and lead all phases of the project lifecycle, including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, training, and closure.
- Work with Customer Stakeholders, Partners and SAP Management to effectively manage and lead projects to ensure successful completion and significant impact on customer business KPI.
- During implementations, manage overall services relationship, steering committee and project office, between customer, partner and SAP to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within budget and with the highest levels of customer satisfaction through billable consulting.
- Monitor progress of the project against timeline and budget and initiate corrective activities
- Manage expectations on the development of solid project plans, with milestones and clear deliverables (in IT and business terms), and furthermore, proper project governance is in place to enable quick execution on the plans, handling risks, issues and objections.
- Select, direct and develop your team members in accordance with the project goals.
- Willingness to travel, within Switzerland, but also international.
- Create long term value roadmaps and plans with customer to achieve customer business objectives.
- Analyze and execute on strategic projects, build consensus among project stakeholders, ensure alignment of project tactics with corporate strategy and communicate project goals at a strategic level as well as actively identifying and developing more business opportunities.
- Contribute your ideas, share knowledge and be a role model for others as a member of our local and global Project Manager-community
- Support Delivery Management by
- providing support/coaching/mentoring to fellow project managers or Practice Unit Managers
- performing project reviews (internally/externally)
- Represent SAP in public events, e.g. SAP Project Manager Network
Education and Qualification
- Master’s degree, preferably in finance, commerce, engineering, information technologies, MBA or equivalent training
- Good knowledge of SAP methodologies (including SAP Activate and SAP Solution Manager)
- Strong understanding of SAP technology and solutions
- Ability to acquire the market and process knowledge of customers
- Proactive attitude in managing stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer success
- Demonstrated ability to command the attention and respect of senior level leaders and confidently make presentations to large and executive audiences
- The candidate must possess experience managing a number of internal and external stakeholders, so interpersonal skills and abilities will be vital to succeed in this role
- Team oriented: ability to build strong relationships at every level of the organization and being a strong motivator who knows how to influence and to get others to deliver consistently their best work
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills – fluent German and Business English, another language, especially French, is beneficial
- Developing into negotiation, facilitation and influencing skills – ability to articulate and present to C-Level
- PMP certification and / or other industry and project management certifications are desirable
- 2-5 years or more proven SAP project management experience at a consulting / system integration company.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, structure and manage low- to medium scale, medium complex projects with modern delivery mixes on time, on budget and within quality criteria that maximized business benefits for customers
- Proven experience with supporting customers and partners in the development and execution of long-term value realization plans that includes the effective transformation of their organizational- and IT-landscapes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, aligning and working with various levels within a customer organization (project, business, executive) as well as different parts of large global organizations
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’s diversity commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.sap.com.