SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Global Account Business Architect Pharma (f/m/d)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Business Architect is a key customer facing role within the Swiss Presales organization. The broad scope of deliverables includes long-term account and deal support as well as Business Development and Industry Leadership. It is therefore essential to have a deep knowledge of the Pharma Industry. Having a sound knowledge of the SAP Portfolio in the specific industries as well as being up to date with latest industry/solution trends is key. As a Business Architect for Pharma you will develop your assigned enterprise accounts together with your sales counterparts. You will identify business needs and design solutions to address these. You need to be a seasoned deal qualifier judging the likelihood of sales success vs. costs and are prioritizing together with Sales and Presales Management. You need to be strong in deal strategy and competitive positioning and able to build trusted relationships with the customer as well as with your colleagues in the virtual account team and the SAP ecosystem. Handling pressure and managing multiple engagements simultaneously is a key asset. When it comes to larger opportunities it will be your task to articulate a compelling value proposition and define the business value.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Understand customer and industry specific situation
- Research account and industry maps
- Understand SAP solutions in the context of customer needs
- Present SAP solutions and processes from an industry end-to-end view and apply business process best practices
- Guide customer in defining and implementing a transformation roadmap towards a common goal
- Take a leadership role as Business Architect in engaging with key customers in Discrete or Process Industries
- Knowledge in the trading industry is a plus
- Portray a trusted-advisory role at important key accounts
- Engage with C-level stakeholders in understanding business requirements, current business demand and propose new solutions and applications that provide enhanced value from a customer perspective
- Design a business architecture that meets customer needs and is supported by multi-solution approaches
- Challenge the customer with new ideas and drive innovation topics
- Leverage and orchestrate SAP Organization and Partners to provide solutions
- As key member of the Account Team, define and execute the account strategy based on business needs and incremental solution opportunities
- Act as deal captain for customer engagements and plan deal execution (activities, presales skills, win themes and expected outcomes)
- Ensure right opportunity qualification together with the account team
- Support the staffing and lead the required experts within Presales and other SAP organizations (Technical Architects, Industry Value Engineers, SAP partners etc.)
- Monitor impact of Presales Specialist, ensuring consistency of win themes and overall messaging in customer interactions/demos
- Brings along 10 to 15 years of Process Industries / project management / solution consulting experience and has proven his/her project experience in multiple SAP customer projects/engagements.
- Sound experience with SAP products; idealy with S/4HANA, ARIBA.
- Excellent understanding of industry business processes in manufacturing, Chemicals, Pharma, Life Science, Trading, Commodity.
- Experience in sales and sales processes is a plus.
- Business fluency in English and German is a must, French is an asset.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate / Post-Graduate degrees in Management, IT or Engineering areas.
- Cross-solution knowledge is preferred.
- Possesses deep industry or cross solution expertise and is proactively engaged in the related market trends.
- Adept at handling project communications, capable of having C-level interactions and engaging with senior management stakeholders, managing expectations and proposing value-based offerings.
At SAP, we believe you should treat the whole person, not just the person who comes to work every day. It is the sum that defines who you are. Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure? Would you like to impact the world by working on products and technologies that genuinely innovate? Are you interested in joining the world’s largest provider of Enterprise Application Software family? Are you ready to do the best work of your professional life? If so, we want to hear from you soon. Apply today!
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Architecture, Engineer, SAP, ERP, Consulting, Engineering, Technology