SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The SAP Ariba Field Consultant is charged with customer focused delivery and Ariba solution expertise. This role is responsible for delivering sound, high quality deliverables on time and within budget. Our Consultants are focused on the rapid transformation of client organizations into world-class managers of Supply Chain Collaboration Solutions that create sustainable bottom-line results.
As a member of the Software Implementation Team, the Field Principal Consultant serves as Ariba Solutions expert on application functionality and technical requirements. You will be responsible for effectively applying the Ariba deployment process to meet customer needs within the realm and scope of the Statement of Work (SOW). Consultants can work on all aspects of the implementation process including participation in the sales processes, in developing scope of work and requirements gathering, managing the client relationship, project management, and coordinating technical resources.
- Lead functional scope definition and design for Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration solution
- Use knowledge of customer’s business and industry to assess findings and shape solutions.
- Influence the opinions and decisions of clients using understanding of client’s organizational processes and structure.
- Lead customers through the lifecycle of an Ariba implementation, making sure that SAP Ariba’s methodology is followed, and performing Quality Assurance as needed.
- Build solution, customer and industry knowledge by leveraging the appropriate resources (internally at Ariba and externally at the client).
- Synthesize learnings into a logical story using quantitative/qualitative data and/or sound reasoning.
- Communicate to effectively resolve problems or issues.
- Apply a broad knowledge of Ariba Supply Chain solutions and its integration to client’s backend ERP system.
- Establish credibility as a conduit for solutions expertise with customers (e.g., positive customer feedback), and being viewed as “trusted advisor” to the customer.
- Quickly learn new features and innovations of the Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration solution to present them credibly and confidently to clients and Ariba consultants
- +5 years’ experience in implementing SAP ERP for the following functions: Basic Planning & Forecasting (MM, PP), Supplier managed inventory management (MM), Direct Materials Procurement (MM), Quality management (QM), Warehouse and Transportation Management (EWM/ LES)
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in business, marketing or technical discipline
- Business fluency in both English and German
- ability to travel 80%+
- Experience in implementing Advanced Planning Systems (SAP IBP & APO-DP, Kinaxis, E2Open) is a plus
- Industry experience in the following a plus: Consumer Packaged Goods, Life Sciences (Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device), High-Tech, Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing/ Machinery & Components
- PMI or similar program management certification is a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sap.com.