SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Are you self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you passionate about building relationships with customers and partners? Would you thrive in a role where you drive and develop customer accounts in a fast paced, technology space for one of the world’s most valuable brands? Then join us for the opportunity of a lifetime and engage with customers to help solve their unique business challenges, transform businesses, grow economies, lift up societies and sustain our environment.
Purpose & Objectives
The Sales Executive for Growth Accounts is a newly created position within the Business Unit “Public, Heathcare and Utilities” and is meant to develop our small and medium sized organizations. She or he will be responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are both, directly and partner-driven. The Sales Executive brings a strong business and value driven point of view to the customer engagements. She/he consistently manages revenue and profitability goals for the entire SAP product portfolio, while utilizing leadership skills, a strong ability to sell into new accounts, creativity and high motivation. She/he has substantial know-how in offering IT solutions across various deployment options, to help our customers address their challenges of today and tomorrow. Furthermore, she or he is digitally savy and uses new technologies to “wow” our customers and partners.
Expextations and Tasks
- Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Ensures high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be an expert on the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Driving Cloud & onPremise revenue by selling value into our smaller accounts in the industry Public, Heathcare & Higher Education.
- Advance and close sales opportunities through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap – directy or together with partners
- Building strategies to obtain new customer contacts and executing initiatives to not yet SAP customers or customers, that have not worked with SAP for some time.
- Maximize the value of all sales support organizations and orchestrate resources effectively to execute as ONESAP towards the customer. In particular, working with partners and virtual teams across Business Development, Marketing, Pre-Sales and many more to coordinate pipeline generation initiatives and deal support
- Act as a role model for the corporate culture that enables SAP to achieve growth in this customer segment. Identify, share and drive adoption of best business practices
- This role is also intended to give the opportunity to develop into a sales executive for large & strategic accounts within the business unit
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (Master desired)
- Strong background on SAP and/or competitor products
- Ability to lead a business application software sales process directly and together with partners
- Demonstrated success with high volume transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market
- A high-energy team player capable of balancing pressing short-term deliverables with sophisticated long-term goals and objectives
- Extraordinary communication skills in English and German is a must. French skills are of advantage
- Strong, visionary, proven high performer who exhibits a sense of urgency, ownership and risk-taking
- An innovator, who challenges the status quo and explores new ideas, realizes their value and makes them a reality
- High level of integrity and ethical approach to doing business
- Comfortable and experienced with senior executive audiences and a very professional and mature customer facing profile
- 3+ years of experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Proven ability to sell into new and dormant accounts, ideally experienced ERP sales professional with strong product knowledge and content
- Deep industry knowledge and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated knowledge of consultative selling methodologies
- Ability to navigate in a large matrix organization, build relationships with other sales professionals and value-added teams
- Showcased success with complex, long-cycle sales campaigns and contract negotiations in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a vision across lines of business
- Understanding the principles of solution & cloud selling through Partners
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
At SAP, we believe you should treat the whole person, not just the person who comes to work every day. It is the sum that defines who you are. Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure? Would you like to impact the world by working on products and technologies that genuinely innovate? Are you interested in joining the world’s largest provider of Enterprise Application Software family? Are you ready to do the best work of your professional life? If so, we want to hear from you soon. Apply today!
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’s Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.