Webseite Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Researcher in building and communal energy system simulation 80 – 100 %
Join our research Centre for Building Technologies and Processes at the department of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering at ZHAW, helping us to ramp-up and engage in new, exciting and interdisciplinary research projects in the built environment.
We offer a position as a scientist with research focus on simulation of building and communal energy systems.
The following tasks will be part of your responsibility:
- Drive research in the area of building-level energy modelling, building analysis in the urban context, spatial, multi-criteria analysis (GIS) and data-driven methods
- Supporting ongoing research in building and urban energy systems
- Writing of research proposals and taking over/supporting project lead
- Writing technical/project reports
- Authoring/co-authoring articles in scientific journals
- Supporting the creation of new ideas and build-up of the research team in the domain of building energy systems
We are looking for a widely interested and open-minded person who likes to work in an interdisciplinary team, at the interface between building systems, architecture and construction and supports our team with new ideas and solid research work.
Sucessful candidates should bring:
- PhD in engineering, physics or related fields with specific knowhow in building and urban energy systems, with a particular focus on thermal energy systems
- Good mathematical modelling skills and prior knowledge in optimization / optimal control theory
- Expertise in conducting energy demand and system simulations, both at building and regional level
- Ideally some experience with simulation tools such as EnergyPlus and Modelica
- Experiences with GIS analysis and data-driven methods (understanding of clustering and spatial interpolation algorithms)
- Experience in scripting/programming in PYTHON, MATLAB, …
- Fluency in English oral and written, German level B1 and above desired
Please apply by handing in your motivation letter, cv and references until the end of September 2023.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14’000 students and 3’400 faculty and staff.
The recently funded research Centre for Building Technologies and Processes ZBP is hosted in the department of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering. It’s research targets the exploration of the future of construction, featuring advanced, resource-efficient, lightweight hybrid construction, low carbon technologies and energy systems and novel digital tools and processes.
We offer you an exciting, versatile and challenging job in an inspiring environment. The workplace is centrally located in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte ohws.prospective.ch.