Webseite Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Strengthen your profile in bioprocess R&D in the vibrant Swiss Biotech landscape, help driving innovative technolo-gies to market readiness, and be part of a motivated interdisciplinary team
Strengthen your profile in bioprocess R&D in the vibrant Swiss Biotech landscape, help driving innovative technologies to market readiness, and be part of a motivated interdisciplinary team
- Practical execution of experiments and exploitation of experimental data in the context of industry-near R&D collaborations around bioprocess development, prototyping of technical equipment and associated software platforms
- Coordination of R&D projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Drafting of reports, proposals and scientific articles, dissemination of results to the scientific community and other relevant stakeholders
- Support of teaching activities and networking events in the field of bioprocess technology
- Lab supervision and maintenance of culture strain banks
- The position is initially limited to 12 months with option for prolongation depending on project situation
- PhD in biotechnology or a closely related field
- Proficiency in scientific English and German (CEF level C1 or higher)
- Comprehensive hands-on experience in the operation of bioreactor systems, including bioprocess monitoring technology (PAT, sensors) and analysis methods
- Experience in sterile work procedures with microbial, eucaryotic and other cultures, including cell culture maintenance, propagation, cryo-banking, and cell-based analysis methods
- Familiarity with state-of-art computational methods and processing routines for bioprocess data sets (MVDA, modeling, soft-sensors, data-driven control concepts)
- Prior experience with phototrophic cultures (microalgae) and associated cultivation technology (photobioreac-tors) is a non-mandatory plus
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14’000 students and 3’400 faculty and staff.
Life Sciences and Facility Management: Study and research in Wädenswil: practical, creative, passionate and re-flective. Our expertise in life sciences and facility management in the areas of the environment, food and health en-ables us to make a vital contribution to solving social challenges and improving quality of life.
The Institute for Chemistry and Biotechnology (ICBT) is one of the scientific institutes at the ZHAW. It conducts ap-plied research on cutting-edge topics relating to health, chemistry, biotechnology, and the environment – from antibi-otic resistance and antiviral agents to microplastics and more sustainable chemical processes. The institute trains young people for the growing life sciences market in three bachelor’s programmes and two master’s courses.