SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Presales Senior Specialist possesses advanced/expert level knowledge of SAP solutions for procurement (E-procurement, Supply Chain Collaboration, Strategic Sourcing, Services Procurement) and participates in sales cycles as a member of the virtual account team in support of the sales account strategy. A Presales Senior Specialist/Expert interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, tender procedures, executive presentations, and follow-up discussions. The Primary objective during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that SAP procurement solutions can solve the customer’s challenges and are the right choice over competitive offerings. During these cycles a Senior Presales Specialist often takes on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, he/she collaborates with other sales teams to plan and execute business development strategies.
Expectations and tasks
- Compose and deliver superior sales presentations covering SAP and partner procurement software solutions to prospective customer audiences. The presentations must articulate the sales message, differentiate SAP, and leave a strong and positive impression to audiences that can include senior company executives.
- Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing, and compelling customer presentation.
- In advance of a demonstration or key presentation, conduct discovery sessions with representatives from the prospective customer to build relationships with the customer and understand their unique needs.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of SAP solutions and appropriate industries to maintain credibility with prospective customers. Provide proof points with relevant customer stories.
- Translate complex business scenarios into answers for our customers.
- Support RFx completion and customer proposals.
- Ability to effectively present to customers “remotely” using virtual technologies.
- Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ability to act as a “leading solution captain” in case the deal requires complex solutions and multiple presales contributors to support a successful customer presentation or demo.
- Effectively leverage support teams to ensure presales success. (Global / Regional Solution Specialists, Value Engineers, Solution Hubs, Deal Advisors, Solution Experience, Product Management).
- Support one-to-many sales and marketing events both, on-site and remotely.
- Lead and support Design Thinking workshops to promote new and innovative solutions for customers and prospects.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts.
- Develop close relationships with sales teams to promote effective sales methodologies.
- Participate in demo system design and planning and assist in configuration if needed. Participate in new product release input and testing and training of peers.
- Serve as a champion for or participate as a leader in Solution Hubs and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues as needed.
- Help develop the procurement / supply chain presales organization following global guidance.
- Maintain a high-level knowledge of SAP’s procurement / supply chain solution suite in the specialization area of responsibility.
- Understand the key competitors and ensure local presales team members understand and leverage SAP’s unique value wedges in every customer interaction.
Work Experience / Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate brings following experience:
- Bachelor or equivalent: minimum requirement. Master, MBA or PhD is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience as presales solution specialist, consultant or equivalent customer facing roles is preferred.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and team skills at all levels and in multi-cultural environments.
- Business fluent in German & English, French is a plus.
- Expertise on end-to-end processes/solution matching and IT architectures, preferably in procurement and / or supply chain management.
- Delivery of high-volume short duration work packages.
- Solution expertise in SAP S/4HANA, SAP MM, SAP Ariba or competitor products is a strong asset.
What You get from us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.