SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Business Architect is a key customer facing role within the Swiss Presales organization. The broad scope of deliverables includes long-term account and deal support as well as Business Development and Industry Leadership. It is therefore essential to have a deep knowledge of at least two of the following sub-industries: Public Services, Postal, Railways, Utilities, Healthcare. Having a sound knowledge of the SAP Portfolio in the specific industries as well as being up to date with latest industry/solution trends is key.
As a Business Architect for Public Services & Healthcare you will develop your assigned accounts together with your sales counterparts. You will identify business needs and design solutions to address these. You need to be a seasoned deal qualifier judging the likelihood of sales success vs. costs and are prioritizing together with Sales and Presales Management. You need to be strong in deal strategy and competitive positioning and able to build trusted relationships with the customer as well as with your colleagues in the virtual account team and the SAP ecosystem. Handling pressure and managing multiple engagements simultaneously is a key asset. When it comes to larger opportunities it will be your task to articulate a compelling value proposition and define the business value.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Understand customer and industry specific situation
- Research account and industry maps
- Understand SAP solutions in the context of customer needs
- Present SAP solutions and processes from an industry end-to-end view and apply business process best practices
- Guide customer in defining and implementing a transformation roadmap towards a common goal
- Take a leadership role as Business Architect in engaging with key customers in the Public Services Industries
- Portray a trusted-advisory role at important key accounts
- Engage with C-level stakeholders in understanding business requirements, current business demand and propose new solutions and applications that provide enhanced value from a customer perspective
- Design a business architecture that meets customer needs and is supported by multi-solution approaches
- Challenge the customer with new ideas and drive innovation topics
- Leverage and orchestrate SAP Organization and Partners to provide solutions
- As key member of the Account Team, define and execute the account strategy based on business needs and incremental solution opportunities
- Act as deal captain for customer engagements and plan deal execution (activities, presales skills, win themes and expected outcomes)
- Ensure right opportunity qualification together with the account team
- Support the staffing and lead the required experts within Presales and other SAP organizations (Technical Architects, Industry Value Engineers, SAP partners etc.)
- Monitor impact of Presales Specialist, ensuring consistency of win themes and overall messaging in customer interactions/demos
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master / MBA / Ph.D.: optional
- Native speaker equivalent German language skills, fluency in English. French / Swiss German skills are an advantage
- Senior presales and consultative selling skills (> 5 years)
- In-depth knowledge of the SAP Solution suite, for Public Services / Postal / Railways / Utilities / Healthcare (at least two of these are mandatory)
- Enterprise Architecture methodology (e.g. TOGAF) knowledge
- Outstanding drive for execution
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge of the market and competitive situation in the public services market
- Proven interpersonal and team skills at all levels and in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to getting things done in an organizational matrix environment
- Strong business acumen and understanding of SAP business strategy and solutions, partners, markets and competition
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to de-escalate problematic situations
- Open mindedness and ability to quickly adapt to new requirements
- Proven “can do / will do“ attitude
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Presales, Consulting, Business Development and / or experience in several business functions at customers in the above mentioned industries.
- Experience in:
- Industry specific business processes
- Sales and sales processes
- Delivery of high volume short duration work package
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Architecture, ERP, Developer, Business Development, Consulting, Engineering, Technology, Sales
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.sap.com.