Webseite Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Develop efficient data-driven techniques to quantify the probabilities of wake turbulence encounters based on aircraft trajectories in cooperation with ONERA.
Within your PhD project you develop efficient data-driven techniques to quantify the probabilities of wake turbulence encounters based on aircraft trajectories in cooperation with ONERA.
- Data crunching, filtering, and clustering of air traffic trajectory data
- Applied research in the field of probabilistic wake turbulence modelling and wake turbulence encounter modelling
- Development of theoretically founded and practically tested methods to quantify the risk of wake turbulence encounters between two aircraft
- Application of the developed methods to real world trajectories
- MSc in Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or another related field
- Solid background in statistics and data analysis
- Good programming skills (Python)
- Very good English language skills
- Knowledge in aviation is an advantage but not mandatory
The position is limited to 3 years. The doctoral degree will be conferred by ISAE Supaero (Toulouse, France). The main work location is in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14’000 students and 3’400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 14 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with an emphasis on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Centre for Aviation is the leading scientific research facility for aviation in Switzerland. We believe that sustainable solutions for the aviation industry rely on successful collaborations in interdisciplinary teams.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte ohws.prospective.ch.