Website Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
Develop and test methods to generate synthetic aircraft trajectories using physics-based and data-driven methods.
Within your PhD project you develop and test methods to generate synthetic aircraft trajectories using physics-based and data-driven methods. The work is done in cooperation with ONERA.
- Data crunching, filtering, and clustering of air traffic trajectory data
- Familiarization with physics-based aircraft trajectory generation
- Applied research in the field of stochastic modeling (Markov chains, Bayesian networks, etc.)
- Applied research in the field of physics-informed machine learning
- Apply developed models to collision and wake encounter risk modeling activities (Monte-Carlo simulations)
- MSc in Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or another related field
- Solid background in statistics and data analysis
- Good programming skills (Python)
- Very good English language skills
- Knowledge in aviation is an advantage but not mandatory
The position is limited to 3 years. The doctoral degree will be conferred by ISAE Supaero (Toulouse, France). The main work location is in Winterthur, Switzerland.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14’000 students and 3’400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 14 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with an emphasis on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Centre for Aviation is the leading scientific research facility for aviation in Switzerland. We believe that sustainable solutions for the aviation industry rely on successful collaborations in interdisciplinary teams.
To apply for this job please visit ohws.prospective.ch.