SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objectives
The software market is characterized by a very dynamic market development and a highly innovative & competitive market landscape especially when it comes to business areas spanning from design-to-operate (development, planning, manufacturing, logistics, asset management). The Digital Supply Chain team is looking for a Supply Chain Intern to join us in Switzerland. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting go-to-market and demand generation activities in relation to our sales team, preparation and postprocessing of sales events and supporting day-to-day sales activities. Throughout the internship, you will be serving as an individual contributor to the team and not only interact with your team members but also across different departments such as Business Development, Marketing, Sales Support or Partner Management.
What can you expect from us? Your own projects and responsibilities that you can grow with, a lot of learning opportunities and assets to broaden your knowledge around sales, IT and soft skills as well as mentoring for your personal development. This internship is a unique way to acquire portfolio knowledge, get in touch with the most recent innovations and gain insights into the internal processes of SAP.
Expectations and Tasks
- Supporting the team with demand generation activities, analyze sales territories, industry trends and competing solutions
- Composition of reference assets for internal and external usage as well as other sales assets
- Coordination of activities with Marketing like preparation and follow-up of events or webinars
- Promotion, execution and review of our main sales event, especially generating follow-ups with our customers
- Help to create reports for forecasts and maintaining sales opportunities in our CRM system
- Coordination of regular meetings with external partners, customers and our internal partner managers as well as tracking of partner activities
- We look for a student who will be available for at least 6 months.
Education and Qualification / Skills and Competencies
- Student (f/m) at a university or a university of applied sciences (Bachelor or Master)
- Preferred fields of study: Business Administration, International Business, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics or Supply Chain Management
- First contact to the area of IT through lectures or internship is a plus
- Knowledge around Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Critical thinking, excellent research, and strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to serve as a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Business fluency in German and English is a must
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, school leaving certificates, certificate of enrollment, current university transcript of records, copies of any academic degrees already earned, and if available, references from former employers (including internships).
Preferred start date for the position is June 1, 2021
What You Get From Us
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’s diversity commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.