Website Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften
We are scouting excellent applicants for a research assistant position in optimizing energy consumption in soft-ware development.
Are you looking for an exciting research project? We are scouting excellent applicants for a research assistant position in optimizing energy consumption in software development.
- Participate in research projects in the field of increasing the sustainability in software development projects of digital products and services.
- Study existing literature to identify sources of energy consumed (both electrical energy and other energy sources, e.g., fossil fuels) in different phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and categorize them.
- Study the SDLC of our industry partner and document energy consumption and carbon emissions.
- Develop effective measures to improve the emissions generated in the SDLC by using ZHAW’s extensive research knowledge on SDLC automation.
- Collaborate with industrial partners and support technology transfer processes.
- Report software development results in the shape of technical reports and software documentation
The ideal candidate
- Had prior exposure to and strong interest in the fields of software engineering and software development processes (e.g., SCRUM, agile, XP).
- Has a passion to survey existing literature and study existing processes, challenge the status quo, and explore new territories.
- Has communication skills in English (essential); a good command of German is a plus. Particular emphasis is on conducting evaluations and contributing to technical reports.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 14’000 students and 3’400 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasizes topics that will be relevant in the future. Our 13 institutes and centers guarantee superior-quality education, research, and development with a focus on the areas of energy, mobility, information, and health.
The Institute for Applied Information Technology (InIT) in Winterthur has nationally and internationally recog-nized competencies in the areas of Human-Centered Computing, Intelligent Information Systems, Information Security, Distributed Systems, and Software Engineering. We research and develop innovative information tech-nology, software systems, and services in cooperation with business and university partners.
In the area of Software Engineering, we are looking for motivated and excellent candidate.
To apply for this job please visit ohws.prospective.ch.