SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Account Manager (f/m/d) SAP Digital Business Services
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Services Account Manager (SAM) works closely with the SAP License organization, SAP Delivery counter-parts, customers and partners to ensure the overall success of the sale and implementation of SAP solutions and are expected to significantly contribute to the overall success of the customer relationship.The SAM will be responsible for selling SAP Services to a defined portfolio of strategic and medium size clients for the Market Unit.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In this role, you will generate demand for SAP’s service offering, develop opportunity execution plans, identify key team members and resources needed to properly scope the projects to meet client needs and SAP business parameters, and manage the customer relationship from initial discussions to close of deal. You are principally the general manager of your aligned accounts and own the relationships for the SAP Consulting line of business. This role will align to both growth and existing SAP commercial accounts and as a result, a key portion of the role will be focused on opening dormant accounts. In order to develop a strong revenue backlog and individual annuity, territory planning, account development and lead generation are critical components to success.
Incumbent will work closely with license, LOB and back office teams to deliver holistic, value-based business outcomes. Key responsibilities of the job are to:
- Engage with client decision makers and own the relationships for the SAP Consulting line of business.
- Drive demand for SAP’s service offerings, develop and execute opportunity plans and create a strong revenue backlog and distinct annuity.
- Organize and orchestrate SAP teams and resources needed to properly scope the project(s) to meet client needs.
- Collaborate with virtual account teams on bid strategies, solution architecture and commercial models.
- Manage the sales process from initial identification through closure and “own” the sale.
- Play a key role alongside SAP service offerings by helping to create the value story; developing strategic win themes; providing coaching and other professional sales support for client facing presentations.
- Represent SAP by spending time in the field and at conferences, forums, etc. to extend the business network and support sales campaigns.
- Maintain accurate and timely client, pipeline, and forecast data in our systems and account receivables for his/her account portfolio.
WORK EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of experience with prior success in a substantially similar role, SAP consulting professional, or the equivalent of an existing experienced industry focused consulting sales professional.
- Proven sales track record, account development, territory building and quota performance.
- In-depth understanding of the marketplace for SAP consulting services, clients’ business issues and range of competition.
- Ability to develop and secure relationships with buyers, decision makers, influencers and other referral sources.
- Proven track records of executing volume business and capability to work on multiple accounts at the same time.
- Experience in different industries is an advantage: retail, consumer products, discrete manufacturing, telco, etc.
- Teamwork & Collaboration with local & virtual Sales Teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in German and English (written and spoken) is a must – French is an asset.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Business / Engineering or Technology).
Are you interested to know more about SAP Digital Business Services?
Start your digital journey today: https://www.sap-digital-business-services.com/
Are you looking for a compelling career or an exciting adventure?
At SAP, you don’t have to choose. As the global leader for business software, SAP helps companies in more than 25 industries and has employees in 130+ countries—which means tons of opportunities for you to grow and expand your career. As the inventor and visionary that reimagines what’s possible in the digital economy, SAP is changing the game of business as we know it.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.